Have you been garnished? You may be able to get your money back if you file Bankruptcy.

If a creditor sues you and gets a judgment against you they may garnish your paycheck, tax refund and bank accounts.

When your paycheck, refund or account is garnished, the creditor takes your money and you no longer have access to it.

If there is a judgment against you, you may want to wait to file your tax return so the creditor can’t take your refund. If you have money in accounts you may want to take the money out for safekeeping.

If this is happening to you, there is some good news.

If you file for bankruptcy protection in Michigan and if more than $600 has been taken by a single creditor within 90 days of filing, you may be able to get that money back.

Filing bankruptcy could mean your garnished wages, tax refunds and bank account funds could be paid pack IF the creditor took more than $600 within the 3 months before you filed your petition.

If you are being garnished, it would be wise to speak to a bankruptcy lawyer to see if you can have your hard-earned money returned to you.

If you live anywhere in the Upper Peninsula, including any of these counties, call today for a free bankruptcy consultation with an attorney. Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee, Ontonagon, and Schoolcraft.

Church and Korhonen attorneys will help you receive every penny you are entitled to under the law.