If I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where do I file my bankruptcy case?

All residents of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan filing for Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy file their case with the US Bankruptcy Court, Western Division located at 202 W. Washington St. Marquette Michigan.

Our law firm, Church and Korhonen, PC represents folks living in Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee, Ontonagon, and Schoolcra􀂉 counties.

We can process your case over the phone, through the mail or over the Internet. You do not need to travel to our offices in Marquette, MI to meet with an attorney or retain our firm.

There is only one time you must come to Marquette if you file for bankruptcy. It is for the 341 meeting, commonly referred to as a Meeting of the Creditors. Court rules require that a person filing for bankruptcy attend the 341 meeting in person. It is the only time your presence will be required in Marquette.

341 meetings are typically scheduled 6 weeks after you file your bankruptcy petition with the court.

If you live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and are interested in learning more about your bankruptcy options, call Church and Korhonen, PC at (800)758-5611. An attorney will speak with you over the phone, at your convenience for free.

Call today.